Our Theatre Redevelopment
Our beautiful Victorian home in the Gorbals was in urgent need of repair and is currently closed while it undergoes a major redevelopment. Work is underway to transform the building, conserving its heritage and making it accessible to all.
This will be the first comprehensive redevelopment of the building since it opened in 1878, re-designing an ageing and vulnerable building into a vibrant cultural venue and a major landmark for Glasgow. The project will transform the experiences of audiences, participants and performers and secure the future of one of Scotland’s most iconic buildings and theatre companies.
We need your support to raise the final sum needed to re-open the doors of our Gorbals home.
You can also sign up to make a monthly or annual donation online.
To discuss our redevelopment further, you can email our development team, email@example.com. In line with the current Covid-19 restrictions, the Development Team are working from home flexibly
Key improvements will include:
- A bigger, brighter and more comfortable foyer and café/bar
- A new multi-purpose 152 seat studio
- Fully accessible rehearsal and learning spaces
- Level access from the street and lift access to all floors of the auditorium
- Increased ventilation and temperature control creating a more comfortable audience experience
- Public access to the unique heritage of the building
- A more sustainable and energy-efficient building
During the redevelopment, we continue to present shows and deliver a range of learning projects across Glasgow and Scotland. With current Covid-19 restrictions, much of our normal activity has been disrupted. In response we've adapted creatively to stay connected with our audiences and participants. See our full statement on Coronavirus.