Redevelopment: Improving access to our historic building
We are making vital changes so that even more people can enjoy the theatre.
We are removing barriers and improving inclusion throughout the building in multiple ways. Some of these include:
- Levelled access from the street through the foyer and into the auditorium with lift access to all levels of the auditorium.
- All learning, performance, rehearsal and dressing room spaces will have lift or level access.
- Two new boxes with flat-level floors to better serve wheelchair users, in addition to our existing wheelchair user positions in the stalls.
- New wheelchair user positions at dress circle level.
- Lowering the stage rake allows us to present disabled-led work.
- A fully equipped Changing Places toilet and shower facility.
- Additional accessible and ambulant toilets throughout.
- Improved wayfinding for blind or visually impaired patrons.
- New hearing aid loops.