Do you have fond memories of the Citizens Theatre?
We want to hear about your connection to the Citz - whether you attended with your school in the 70s, met your spouse or partner here on a date or if you've trod the boards in a community production over the years.
We'll be sharing your stories on our Twitter and Facebook pages. The author of our favourite story each week will be awarded a family ticket to our Christmas show A Christmas Carol at Tramway this December. The winner from each week will then go to a public vote, with the grand winner receiving a Timeless Token - lifetime complimentary tickets for them and a friend to all Citizens Theatre productions in our newly-redeveloped building from Autumn 2020.
So what are you waiting for? Share your memories with us today!
Some samples from our 70th Anniversary to get you thinking!
“In 1966 my wife, then girlfriend, and I went to our first play as a couple..Slightly later we were members of the Theatre Action Group, TAG and enjoyed getting more closely involved with the Citizens”
“The day I was born my dad was in a play at the Citz and on my 18th birthday I performed in a production on the same stage, 18 years later. Our family all came to celebrate and it will always be a fantastic memory”
“Twelfth Night (2014) – a friend of mine and I were pulled to the stage to have a shot of tequila, which was a lot of fun”
Terms and Conditions
- Stories can be submitted from Fri 11 May until Wed 27 June 2018.
- By submitting a story you indicate that you are happy to be contacted by a representative of the Citizens Theatre to discuss these stories further and that your story may be shared on the Citizens Theatre's social channels, email communications and other heritage activities linked to our redevelopment project
- Weekly winners will be selected on Thursday 17, 24, 31 May and 7, 14, 21 and 28 June 2018 to receive a family ticket to A Christmas Carol and will be contacted via email.
- Family tickets for A Christmas Carol are redeemable against certain performances only and are subject to availability.
- If disabled access seating is required, the winner(s) will need to let the Citizens Theatre know on acceptance of prize.
- The seven winners will then have their stories voted for by the public on http://www.citz.co.uk/site/info/citzstories in August. The story with the most public votes will be awarded a Timeless Token which enables them +1 to attend every Citizens Theatre production at the Citizens Theatre for life.
- Current employees of the Citizens Theatre and their immediate families or households cannot enter the prize draw.
- The Citizens Theatre in their sole discretion may exclude entrants from participating.
- Anyone worldwide is able to enter but please note that transport and accommodation is not provided.
- Descriptions of prizes are provided without a warranty of any kind. In no event shall the Citizens Theatre (including its employees, affiliates and volunteers) be liable for any claim, demand or damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use by any Entrant or Winner and their use of a prize.
- The Citizens Theatre reserves the right to substitute a prize with an alternative prize in its sole discretion if circumstances beyond the Citizens Theatre control makes it necessary to do so.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The Citizens Theatre will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure or software failure of any kind.
- The decision of the Citizens Theatre is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.